A Bas Torah's Point of View

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Walk Away

Ever feel like walking away? Walking away from all of it? From life? Just getting into the car, and leaving everything behind and starting anew? Take a few things with you, maybe and start a brand new life. Imagine that. You have been given the gift of a clean slate and you can forget your past. You can forget your current state of mind. You can start and have a new life, you pick the year. You pick where you felt that life sucks and your want a redo. You want to start all over again.

What would it be for you? Where would you actually start? Would you go all the way back to high school? Would it be dating? After your second kid? Before your tenth anniversary? After the raise at work but before... I don't know, but it is something to think about.

Imagine life giving me a redo and I can pick any point in time? Would I pick a time before my kids or after, but wish my kids were born when I was a bit older and wiser. Do I wish I knew the things that I know now, back then...That would be a great idea. Imagine getting married 15 years ago with the way internet is now. That would have been an interesting experience. What would my dating life be like had I had this blog 15 years ago when I was dating. Woah baby. If the people who read this were around and I knew about them.

On a serious note, has anyone felt the need to get out, to get away from their life before they go crazy? Is it the marriage that is going stale? The job that is boring? The kids getting to you? Or is it just middle age creeping up and we all get depression, we just need to be strong and overcome it. I think it is a scary thought to have that option.

How scary it is to think of the option, must be worst for those who have had people do that to them. Just jump ship and not look back. Who really benefits on that one?

7 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

There's no need to start anew. Every day gives you an opportunity to steer yourself back on pace. Unless your married with children. Stinks.

 
Blogger Y.Y. said...

yes bas torah
i felt like that many times i wish i can turn back the clock alot of things would be different
josh is 100% correct once married with kids there is no turning back :(

 
Blogger Hai Anav VTzaddik said...

it does seem to be a pretty common thought. The Rebbe used to say, "Az M'Tracht Gut, Vet Zayn Gut" (When we think good, it will become good). He explained that our thoughts are actually a spiritual impetus to trigger a good response from heaven. Afterwards, all we need to do is make "kelim V'tznoros" (pipes and vessels) to hold the great Bracha and Haztlacha. My point is that this type of thinking actually works against our ever progressing out of the depression. By remaining optimistic and believing that G-d WILL change things for us, we actually effect that change.

 
Blogger Scraps said...

Sometimes I have thought about what it would be like to just walk away one day and disappear, to end my identity as I am currently known. But to turn back the clock, no. No amount of money would be enough to make me live through some parts of my life again. If I could go back to those stages, but fast-forwarded to the current times, that might be more of an interesting experience, which I might consider if I would be paid well enough. ;)

 
Blogger FrumGirl said...

We all go through this.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sad thing- that many people do walk away-- they just don't tell anyone else they've done so and pretend to still be the same as they've always been.. and yet they are sneaking around trying on this new life while everyone else stays in ignorant bliss regarding what they are up to.

 
Blogger القمر السعودى said...

شركة نقل اثاث بابها
شركة نقل اثاث بالباحة
شركة تنظيف بينبع

 

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts

<< Home

Mesothelioma