A Bas Torah's Point of View

Monday, December 05, 2005

Ever Take it Off?

No, not what you think. It is "clean".

Most people I know usually wear their wedding band. It is a given. You are married, you just wear it. It is a part of you. You can wear other rings, but the wedding band stays put. Rarely does one take it off.

Have you ever felt that the marriage was over and you took off your ring to make a statement? Felt that you were frustrated enough, that the only way to get through to him was to make this bold statement to him and take off the band? Do you think others notice it is as well? Did he notice?

I have friends who have gone times without their band on, but I don't comment on it. If I do comment, I usually get the typical response of leaving it off after a shower or something. I don't buy it, but why would I press further into their personal lives, other than to get good gossip and use it for my blog? If someone wants to offer more information, go right ahead, I will be there to discuss and listen, but if I ask and get a stupid remark, I know better, and accept the lame excuse as the real reason.

I try not to bring it up later on. Although, when a bunch of us get together over coffee and run away from all responsibilities, we gossip and talk about things. We see what works. Some husbands are so dense and blind, that they won't even notice that the ring was taken off weeks ago. Others say, he notices right away. He gets the point, and they talk about things. I mean after Fifteen years...You better talk about things before doing anything rash. Teenagers are rash enough without moody parents.

My readers, tell me have you taken off your ring because of a fight with your husband? Has he noticed? Did anyone else question that bold move? Husbands, have you noticed but ignored it? Have those who do wear rings, have you taken off your ring for the same reason? And did she notice? I do want to hear this...So please comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger SemGirl said...

You are reading way too much into this.. Like, Freud said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sometimes your fingers just swell up and its uncomfortable to wear it , until you can have it resized..

 

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts

<< Home

Mesothelioma