A Bas Torah's Point of View

Friday, August 11, 2006

Mixed Reviews

I have gotten mixed reviews on my latest posts. Some complaining of the infrequent updates, while others arguing about the topics. Too bad. This is my blog and I will do as I please. I will post what is on my mind at the moment. The process that your brain is supposed to kick in before you actually speak your thoughts...The filter is gone. I will speak my mind. I will speak the minds of many who are too scared to say it. They think it but they will never dare admit it. So here I am. Admitting it for you okay?!
So my last post was about the halachos that we so kindly keep and that we find very degrading and totally not what we women want. We are very independent and do not like to rely on others for most things. Okay, there are still a few of us who feel that the men need to go out into the real world while we take care of our own little world. But I digress.
You see nowadays we have plenty of hire power working women. I am not talking about principles of girls schools. I am talking about lawyers, doctors, phd's etc. All this and more can be accomplished by a female. Believe it or not there are blondes out there who are smart! We can and in fact, we have succeeded in the world. The only place where we are still behind the times are with our religion.

There is not much we can do about that if we are keen on keeping the halachos or harchakos. We need to figure out what is really black and white and what is grey. What will strike us if done wrong, and what will do nothing....It is not so easy as we have all been brainwashed once or twice, at least.
I think the whole "women stay home and child raise and care for the home"theory is great for those who are lazy and not interested in doing anything else. Don't get me wrong, it is hard to raise a family, and staying home all day just makes it harder. I bet most women who don't want to "go to work" or "I want to raise my kid" believe in natural delivery opposed to epidural or other drugs during delivery. I think we need to get together and form our own rabbinic council.
Which wife would rather show her bedikah cloth to a woman Rabbi then leave it for the male Rabbi to analyze it? Wouldn't we feel more comfortable talking to one of our own peers about questions, concerns etc etc? Won't we assume that the She Rabbi will be more understanding and knowledgeable in the areas that are our expertise? Wouldn't a women Rabbi abolish the laws of a Get or what about reverse them? She can remarry, but the husband, he needs to get the 100 Rabbi signatures on a document! She can't be threatened or bought to give a get. It is HER who decides if and when she wants to give him a Get.
Imagine if the world had only women in power. Israel had a super idea when their PM was female. The first ever. Shame we cannot follow suit. We need to get together and form a group that dictates the halachos. Not men who do not know what and how things world. Let the men be the one who does bedikah. And if there is a questionable one, we bring it to the women Rabbi to pasken.
The shoes doesn't look so good on the other foot now, does it? It doesn't look like the men really want the women to get too much power. It looks like women in power don't want other women to get too much power either...so the system is flawed for the powerless women.
Until then...
a zissen shabbos

4 Comments:

Blogger SemGirl said...

You raise many valid points . I would say that this was probably your best post and well worth the wait.

Tell me why, for example are there many 2 million dollar brand new shuls in Lakewood with tiny lil rooms in the back where all the women are crammed in, even though they paid for a large part of the Shuls construction. I thought the age of Jim Crow was over.

 
Blogger Y.Y. said...

kofer

 
Blogger almost_frei said...

BT, you are all over the place with this post.. but that is how our mids work, so let it rip! and yeah, do post more often.

 
Blogger ggggg said...

This post was great!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts

<< Home

Mesothelioma