A Bas Torah's Point of View

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I am Still Here

There are so many new blogs out there I don’t know where to start reading. Every time I read the comments I see a new signer, someone new decided they needed to be heard and has a blog of their own. I don’t always have the time to read them or link to them, but I hope my fellow readers will clue me in when they read a good post somewhere. Share the wealth of knowledge that you have with me. I work full-time. I don’t have the time to read every blog that evolves and comment back and forth all day. Some of you seem to have no qualm about doing that, and it seems to be your full-time job to do so. I don’t have that luxury. I have to actually work for my money.

I have some fans emailing me and asking me questions. I have posted some here and others have asked my not to write their questions to me. I listened. I had a rapport going on for a week, and poof, no more emails this week. I guess A I responded and answered all your questions. I am happy.

I received a letter the other day that I posted on the other site. I put it up. Took it down. Put it back. Deleted comments. And then took it down one final time. I overstepped my boundaries. I offered too much. I am regretful that I posted it and will try to contain this site to be back to what it was (what was it again?). Part of me still wants it there because that is the point of this. The main reason I started this was to have the questions that no one feels comfortable asking, let them ask and learn. But there are those who feel that they need to be the ones to remind me the issues of tznius and tactfulness and hint for me to remove things that should not be here. My question for you is this: if it is here and you are reading, what are you doing reading me? What are you doing reading bastorah? You know what I write about. You know the topics I so want to continue pursuing, what are you really expecting to find here? A blog about the weather? A blog on how my day at work is? No. That is not what this is about. It is about whatever I feel like writing that I feel is ignored in the public eye.

I write about how kallah classes do not teach properly. I discuss the issues of shalom bayis. I bring up new ideas. I suggest practical solutions to those who for some reason, don’t have that knowledge. I offer them support. Moral support. If you are single and you are reading about sex, good for you. Be prepared as to what married life is. It is not all what you think it is. It has its good stuff and there is bad in it too. The sex can be good and the sex can be bad. Singles, know your body well before you get married. Know what you want and what feels good to you. Once you are more comfortable with yourself sexually, the better off you will be when you need to prepare yourself and arouse another.

So my readers, I apologize for the delay in good topics. I have been having them back and forth in emails. Giving advice to marrieds on what to wear during the day, to dealing with singles and their own private issues. I wear many feathers in my cap. But I will return and focus on my task on hand here. To enlighten you, my readers with what I want to say.

4 Comments:

Blogger thekvetcher said...

lets talk about sex baby lets talk about you and me etc.. glad to see you back bassy. we missed you

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

This is your blog, and I think you have an absolute right to write, discuss, ponder and opine what you believe is important in whatever way suits you. If anyone disagrees with what they write, they are free to either say so, or not read what you have to say. But the freedom is 100 percent yours to write about and comment on what you desire.

 
Blogger SemGirl said...

Could I email privately about something or do you only advise married ppl..

 
Blogger BasTorah said...

anonyone: I decide the way I decide. When I am in the mood I will post where I want. I just do so to confuse you and to keep everyone on their toes.

Semgirl: email me...look for my link and I will see what you ask, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Barb: Thanks for the chizuk. I know it is my post and I can do what I want, but I also want to make my readers happy and make them come back.

Kvetch: THey already sang that song to me in a comment on Kishmechkismet. You are not original.

Normal: I update my links when I have the time riht now I dont have the time.

 

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts

<< Home

Mesothelioma