A Bas Torah's Point of View

Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Thoughts for Now

I apologize for not being a good blogger. I have been busy responding to my emails and have taken the blogging personal and becoming a sex therapist and kallah teacher based on my previous emails. I therefore started a new blog, dearbastorah.blogspot.com and will address some of the issues I have been getting via email.

My other topics seem to have disappeared. I could not get involved in writing a good piece of work. I tried to think of different topics but when I thought I had a good topic, it was stolen and already written by someone else.

My latest topic that I was planning on writing about before Shlomy took it, was on Cheating. Is this cheating? Is this flirting? Are we are treading water and will soon run out of breath and drown? Are we just burying ourselves deeper and deeper and not even realizing how low we have sunken? It says that God took us out of Egypt at the right time. Had we stayed there any longer, we would have been lost spiritually. Is this the case now? How much father can we go?
On the other hand, are we really worse than previous generation? We all have our temptations now. There really is nothing new under the sun. What we think are original problems, are not really original. We are just repeating them. Granted, in the days before yore we didn’t have Internet but we did have other things that we don’t have now. It is the concept, and that has not changed. When did it become okay to have personal conversations with members of the opposite gender? When was it ever a problem? According to who is it a problem?

We all know our limits. Some have fewer limits than others. Some are changing it as they go along. That can lead to trouble. Set yourself a limit. If you stick with it, you should be fine. Be realistic. If you see yourself falling, stop the fall before you get hurt and actually fall real hard. Once you start it is harder to stop it.

My next issue of complaint that someone mentioned to me is regarding how the wife is told to be there for her husband no matter what. If she is tired, she should take a nap prior to going to sleep, so that the two can go to bed together. Otherwise, her man can end up looking elsewhere. Please explain this to me. Why are we teaching girls that her husband will look for sex elsewhere? Are we approving this behavior? Do we allow this behavior? If I translate that, it means that if we do not satisfy our husband, he has the right to go elsewhere. Now that is wrong. It should not be said that way. Why are they allowed, why are they being given the green light to find what they can’t get at home somewhere else? Why is it that the wife is unable to do such thing? That they don’t tell the boys that if they do not satisfy the wife, she will look elsewhere and make it acceptable to do that.

That is my repeat gripe for you readers today. I did not forget you. I will come up with a good topic, and feel free to email me and suggest something.

11 Comments:

Blogger Shlomy said...

I gotta tell you, I like the dearbastorah concept, but why not "dearbassy"

Sorry I stole your topic there

 
Blogger thekvetcher said...

i once had a girl friend on the side her name was rosy palmer. she had five sisters too.

 
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

There's no question that the temptations that exist for us have never existed for previous generation. I mean face it..what were your choices in the shtetl..? Yentl the matchmaker...?...

There is an Ohr Hachayim that says that forbidden sex is really an ones..(against ones will) that's how strong sexual temptations are..
So why are we responsible?
Because we are Tchilaso B'pshia..In the beginning it wasnt forced..we treaded in....curious...tempted...and then..its a slippery slope..
Scary thought. Who knows when we'll reach that point?

 
Blogger Litvshe said...

I think telling the wife that is correct. I also think telling the husband that is correct. I'm firmly of the opinion that one should go out of one's way(and be encouraged to do so by one's teachers/Rebbeim/family) behind the bedroom door as much as outside the bedroom. It's the rock on which a good marriage is made.
If it's something that is being only taught to one side and the other side is either not taught or told not to do so, then you're only going to get problems.

 
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Foncusedyid..
For your information. I do live in Lakewood..and I work hard..have my own business and make more money that you can dream of.
Please refrain from personal attacks..youre revealing your Williamsburg education and way of dealing with life..and it's ugly.....
David

 
Blogger thekvetcher said...

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WOMEN WANT. THE MORE BLING YOU GOT THEY ALWAYS WANT MORE.

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

The dearbastorah idea is great, and I hope it allows open, honest and forthright communication to take place.

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Forgot to add...Today, I have a post about temptations and their origins and how to handle them. Your websites have really made me think.

 
Blogger thekvetcher said...

LITVAKS SUCKKKKKKK

 
Blogger thekvetcher said...

bigotted biggoted, if it wasnt for the elite litvishe way of learning several hundred years ago yiddishkite would have just disintegrated. the whole mahalach of lita was wacked. their tiorah missed the part od vahavta laraiacha komocha. even today they think that tthe guy who can read the gemarah the best should marry rich and sit on his ass and have everything coming to him.

 
Blogger SemGirl said...

Why so much hostility in here today??

 

Post a Comment

Let's hear your thoughts

<< Home

Mesothelioma